This just might have been the most amazing show I have ever seen live. Jon Brion is already “distractingly talented” (as my friend puts it) on his own, but combine it with Fiona Apple on vocals… and you have me forgetting that the show started late. It was worth every bit of the $40 ticket price… which is all going to charity by the way.
- She wrote an adorable song about gummy bears with lyrics written by kids at 826LA.
- She had chocolate ice cream and cake on stage to eat between songs.
- She’s sponsoring a child in Rwanda(?), so she had Agee take a picture of the front row as they held up letters that spelt out his name, which she will include in her first letter to him.
- The setlist included Extraordinary Machine, Paper Bag, On The Bound, Jolene, Walking After Midnight, Riddle (which she sang with her sister Maude Maggart), Fast as You Can (which was fucking amazing), and a countrified version of Criminal with the help of The Watkins Family.
- Jesus christ. She can do no wrong.
Fiona Apple isn’t human! Amazing show tonight.
View more Steve Agee on WhoSay