by Paula Deen
Listen guys, I know she’s not a great person… but I still can’t deny myself this quick and dirty delicious recipe. Though since Jay doesn’t seem to care for it, I can cut the ingredients in half, throw it in a small bread tin, and eat it in shame all by myself.
One note though… don’t buy the crappy pre-shredded cheese, because it won’t melt… go for a good aged sharp cheddar. Also, don’t you dare use a cheap or healthier version of ritz crackers.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 2 (20-ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained, and 6 tablespoons pineapple juice reserved
- 1 cup cracker crumbs (recommended: Ritz)
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted, plus extra for greasing pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a medium-size casserole dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Gradually stir in the cheese. Add the drained pineapple chunks, and stir until ingredients are well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- In another medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, melted butter, and reserved pineapple juice, stirring with a rubber spatula until evenly blended. Spread crumb mixture on top of pineapple mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
(photo via lauras sweet spot because my old instagram didn’t turn out as appetizing)