WTF with Marc Maron | 10.05.11
I was fortunate and super honored to listen in for a bit on a taping today.
- The garage is really just that, a tiny one car garage detached from his house.
- For those who have ever wanted to sit in on a taping, it’s strange. The space is so small it doesn’t lend itself to an audience of any kind. I basically wanted to get my shots and get the fuck out because I felt like I was eavesdropping. So if you ever want to go to a taping, stick to the live ones at The Steve Allen Theatre.
- Maron doesn’t waste any time. Once the guest gets there, it’s a minute or two of talking before they head to the garage. He starts recording and gets to know the guest right there on tape for us to hear.
- He keeps everything fans give him. The garage is full of fan artwork and gifts… it’s pretty damn amazing how fans are using their talents to create artwork. I think I saw a 2.5'x3’ portrait of Maron made out of beads.
- He has an amazing set of guests lined up for next week… while I’d love to sit in on that, my overwhelming sense of claustrophobia in the garage tells me I’m happy enough with the shots I got today.
- No, I can’t tell you who today’s the guest was because Maron hasn’t tweeted it yet… but it was very cool to be in the same room with him.